SPICED LENTIL BURGERS
Spiced lentil burgers are made with pantry-staple ingredients and come together in 30 minutes. Vegan, gluten free, freezer-friendly, and nutrient-packed.
- 1½ cups cooked Farmer's Select green lentils
- ½ cup finely grated carrots
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh garlic
- ¾ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 Toasted Buns
- Place 1 cup of the lentils in a large bowl and thoroughly mash. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup whole lentils. Squeeze carrots with a paper towel to remove excess moisture, and stir into lentil mixture. Add next 8 burger ingredients (tomato paste through black pepper); mix well until cohesive. Divide and shape lentil mixture into 4 patties. (*Note: if mixture is too wet, sprinkle in 1 to 2 Tbsp. flour of choice)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook burger patties until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Place one lentil burger on each of 4 buns. Top lentil patties with slaw of choice.