Fiesta Fish Taco Rice Bowl with Black Beans & Veggies
This Fiesta Fish Taco Rice Bowl is like a fish burrito in a bowl. Crispy fish, veggies, and sauce over a bed of cooked rice. It’s an entire meal in one bowl!
- 1/4 c. taco seasoning
- 1 Lb. tilapia fillets about 4-5
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 tsp. garlic minced
- 15 oz black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 c. fresh corn kernels it is best if you cut it straight from the cob after being steamed for a minutes of two
- 2-3 c. cooked rice
- 1/2 c. cilantro dressing click here for the recipe I used or chipotle ranch dressing
- 1 avocado pitted and diced
- 1 c. cabbage shredded
- 1 c. tortilla strips
- Generously rub each tilapa fillet with taco seasoning. Heat oil in a large skillet (medium heat) and add tilapia. Fry on each side for about 4-5 minutes or until cooked through (you know it is done when it flakes easily and is white all the way through). Remove fish from skillet and cut or flake into pieces, set aside and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- In the same pan, add garlic and onion (add a little more oil if you need to) and saute for a minute or two until onion is soft.
- Add black beans and corn and saute another couple minutes.
- In each bowl, layer rice, cooked fish, cilantro dressing, corn/black beans, avocado, cabbage and tortilla strips. Add any other additional toppings you would like!